Please run this release immediately, with the following header
Indigo Warriors – The Adventure Begins!
ABOUT THE BOOK
Join the Indigo Warriors as they embark on an action-packed adventure, working together to save the environment, help the homeless, care for animals, and change society’s attitudes towards the disabled, using both direct action and politics to achieve their goals. The six children aim to promote kindness and compassion over cruelty and greed, assisted by a hapless guardian angel.
When they meet on a school bus, Polly, Angela, Peter, Noah, Josh and Jet decide to join forces and set out to help planet Earth and its inhabitants: human and non-human. Calling themselves the Indigo Warriors, they have meetings, argue a lot, often come to wrong conclusions, and find themselves in danger at the hands of a criminal gang.
Struggling to decide whose cause matters most, they distil their ideas into a ‘Manifesto for a Better Life’ but can they get their manifesto to the people who matter … the politicians?
Indigo Warriors by Catherine Moore
£9.99(UK), $12.99(US), 16.99(CAN)
• The story of six children who meet on a bus and decide to take on the world
• The young friends are tired of the cruelty, greed and destruction they see and experience
• Can the group find a way to change the things they are opposed to?
• Peter, Josh, Noah, Angela, Jet and Polly call themselves ‘The Indigo Warriors’
• A ‘Manifesto for a Better Life’ is created to get their message across
• The children learn, by trial and error, how to take positive action – and the adventure begins!
• Their campaign is challenging, and sometimes dangerous, dealing with the law, an angry farmer and a criminal gang
• Jet’s guardian angel is a guiding light, and helps out in times of trouble
• The story of six children who find that they really do have the power to change the world
• An inspirational, empowering story for children
–––– NOTES TO EDITORS ––––
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Catherine James is a writer of fiction for children. Born and raised in Scotland, she spent her childhood rescuing stray cats from the old shipyards. Her lifelong concern for animals led her to become vegan and she is fanatical about empowering young people to speak up for kindness and compassion towards fellow earthlings. Catherine currently lives in Scotland with a fantastic elderly poodle and equally elderly guinea pig.
Before she was published, Catherine travelled all over the United Kingdom with her job as an occupational therapist. These days, when she can tear herself away from writing, Catherine can be found wandering about the beautiful Scottish countryside. She is always accompanied by her little dog.
‘Indigo Warriors – The Adventure Begins’ is Catherine’s debut publication.
Hometown: Renfrew • Nearest city: Glasgow
HK5430 • Paperback • 22.5x15.2cm • £9.99 • 152 pages • 8 colour and b&w pictures • ISBN: 978-1-787114-30-2 • UPC: 6-36847-01430-8
View sample pages and sample text on our website - https://www.veloce.co.uk or 01305 260068/e or firstname.lastname@example.org
Front cover images in various resolutions are available from Veloce: email email@example.com with your request.
You can also download a high-resolution cover image directly from the book page on our website.
Veloce books are stocked by (or can be ordered from) bookshops by quoting the correct ISBN number. We also take orders direct: telephone 01305 260068 (+44 1305 260068 from outside UK), fax 01305 250479 (+44 1305 250479 from outside UK) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Books can also be ordered on our website – https://www.veloce.co.uk
Twitter (Veloce): https://twitter.com/Velocebooks
Twitter (Hubble & Hattie): https://twitter.com/HubbleandHattie
Facebook (Veloce): https://www.facebook.com/VelocePublishing
Facebook (Hubble & Hattie): https://www.facebook.com/hubbleandhattie
Note: All details subject to change.