Please run this release immediately, with the following header
Positive thinking for Piglets – A Horace & Nim Story
ABOUT THE BOOK
When cool cousin Reg tells Kay that she can have anything she wants, if she wants it badly enough, Kay is not totally convinced, but she gives it a try. Sure enough, getting her heart’s desire (a freshly-baked acorn pie) proves more than a little frustrating.
Kay learns that you don’t always get what you work hard for, but smiling through the disappointment can produce surprisingly good results! And having really good friends helps, too!
A beautifully illustrated story book for young children, featuring woodland characters from Chantal Bourgonje’s Horace & Nim series, this is sure to delight readers of all ages.
Positive thinking for Piglets by Chantal Bourgonje
£6.99(UK), $9.99(US), 12.99(CAN)
- A feelgood story about friendship and growing up
- How positive thinking can pay off
- … how, even if you want something really badly, just wishing for it probably won’t be enough
- … how striving for something works better than wishing (but not always)
- … how a chore shared with friends can be fun. And delicious!
- … how you don’t always end up getting what you deserve, but smiling through disappointment helps
- A modern day parable for young readers
- A tough life lesson told with humour and a happy ending
- A great introduction to metaphysics for the precocious child of four and upwards
- A beautifully illustrated story that both adults and young children will love
Chantal is a Dutch illustrator and writer of picture books, working from the Wiltshire countryside, where she lives with her partner and two whippets. Chantal’s inspiration comes from nature, the countryside and the living creatures in it.
In 2011 she graduated with a 1:1 Honours degree in Illustration. Her graduation project was highly commended in the MacMillan Prize. In 2013 she was highly commended in the AOI Awards. Since graduating Chantal has written and illustrated children's picture book apps, published by Tizio. One was awarded a Kirkus Star for books of remarkable merit.
Place of birth: Emmeloord, the Netherlands • Hometown: Little Cheverell • Nearest city: Devizes
HK5516 • Hardback • 20.5x20.5cm • £6.99 • 32 pages • 37 pictures • ISBN: 978-1-787115-16-3 • UPC: 6-36847-01516-9
View sample pages and sample text on our website - https://www.veloce.co.uk or 01305 260068/e or email@example.com
Front cover images in various resolutions are available from Veloce: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
You can also download a high-resolution cover image directly from the book page on our website.
Veloce books are stocked by (or can be ordered from) bookshops by quoting the correct ISBN number. We also take orders direct: telephone 01305 260068 (+44 1305 260068 from outside UK), fax 01305 250479 (+44 1305 250479 from outside UK) or e-mail email@example.com. Books can also be ordered on our website – https://www.veloce.co.uk
Twitter (Veloce): https://twitter.com/Velocebooks
Twitter (Hubble & Hattie): https://twitter.com/HubbleandHattie
Facebook (Veloce): https://www.facebook.com/VelocePublishing
Facebook (Hubble & Hattie): https://www.facebook.com/hubbleandhattie
Note: All details subject to change.