Please run this release immediately, with the following header
The Fred Opert Story
ABOUT THE BOOK
Forewords by Nico Rosberg, Alan Jones MBE and Keke Rosberg.
Bon vivant, racing-car champion, entrepreneur, wheeler-dealer, and champion-maker – this is the life of the irrepressible, effervescent Fred Opert.
Opert’s journey took him from a brief stint in a New York jail to a successful career as race-car importer/dealer, race team owner and F1 team manager, before tragedy caused him to walk away from the sport he loved.
This fascinating biography follows Fred Opert’s whirlwind lifestyle, talent-spotting successes, and the trials and tribulations of managing the ATS F1 team. Detailing the drivers who came up through the ranks with Opert, the book features interviews with many of those who worked with him. It has been written with the co-operation of Opert’s family, friends and ex-employees.
The Fred Opert Story by Peter Hill
£16.99(UK), $25.00(US), 33.00(CAN)
• The fascinating biography of a motorsport entrepreneur and personality of the '60s & '70s
• The story of Fred Opert, the ever-smiling team owner and talent spotter
• The adventures of running racing teams across the world, from Colombia to New Zealand, Mexico to Macau, Argentina to Japan
• The man who brought European formula racing to North America
• Stories and anecdotes from the famous drivers and team personnel who worked with Fred Opert
• He took cars from Bolton in Lancashire and made them best sellers and winners in North America
• An insight into the life of one of motor sport's most colourful personalities
• Stories from the wild days of motorsport – Rosberg, Hunt, Jones, Rahal, Redman, Rebaque and the men who worked with them
• The story of a life spent wheeling & dealing, running race teams across the globe, and the devastation of a tragedy
• Who else but Opert could export VWs to Germany?
–––– NOTES TO EDITORS ––––
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Born in Bolton in the UK, Peter Hill has been a motoring journalist since 1970. He started his career as a freelance journalist in New Zealand. As well as covering motorsport, Peter performed new car road tests and had a monthly column in the country’s largest selling motor magazine.
After returning to Australia in 1979 Peter continued to write for NZ magazines covering Australian events, as well as specialising in Historic Racing, penning a regular column for the USA historic racing magazine, Victory Lane.
Peter has written for more than a dozen motoring publications in Australia, New Zealand and the USA. He also writes fiction, and has had a number of short stories published. He has an MBA and a Certificate of Professional Writing and Editing, and is a Board Member & Secretary of Writers Victoria.
Place of birth: Bolton, Lancashire, UK • Hometown: Canterbury • Nearest city: Melbourne, Australia
V5565 • Paperback • 21x14.8cm • 160 pages • 41 pictures • ISBN: 978-1-787115-65-1 • UPC: 6-36847-01565-7
View sample pages and sample text on our website - https://www.veloce.co.uk or 01305 260068/e or firstname.lastname@example.org
Front cover images in various resolutions are available from Veloce: email email@example.com with your request.
You can also download a high-resolution cover image directly from the book page on our website.
Veloce books are stocked by (or can be ordered from) bookshops by quoting the correct ISBN number. We also take orders direct: telephone 01305 260068 (+44 1305 260068 from outside UK), fax 01305 250479 (+44 1305 250479 from outside UK) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Books can also be ordered on our website – https://www.veloce.co.uk
Twitter (Veloce): https://twitter.com/Velocebooks
Twitter (Hubble & Hattie): https://twitter.com/HubbleandHattie
Facebook (Veloce): https://www.facebook.com/VelocePublishing
Facebook (Hubble & Hattie): https://www.facebook.com/hubbleandhattie
Note: All details subject to change.